Damah looks to create unique events that foster a true sense of community. Our past events have featured Panel Discussions, Workshops, Interactive Screenings and Q & A sessions, all designed to stimulate discussion and provide a platform for artistic expression.
We feature films from any genre and they can be submitted in any acquisition format. The main requirement is that films must be no longer than 30 minutes. Our 2022 Festival & Awards Ceremony will be held in Tokyo, Japan in the Spring. Stay tuned for venue information before the end of the year!
2022 Damah International Film Festival proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world’s #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contest
Awards and Prizes
Winner of Under 30 min ¥120,000 (incl. taxes)
Winner of Under 15 min ¥60,000 (incl. taxes)
Special Awards announced for 2022 Damah!
*These special awards will be selected by the Damah Committee and are still eligible for the grand prizes
Anime Award ¥50,000 (incl. taxes)
Young Creator Award (high school and under) ¥30,000 (incl. taxes
Rules and Terms
Please read all rules and requirements before submitting your project:
- All non-English films must include English subtitles.
- All films must be under 30 minutes.
- As a community we value storytellers that are able to tell complex and beautiful stories without resorting to explicit nudity and violence, especially when it is used for shock value and not as an integral and essential part of the story.
- Please submit all film submissions (vimeo screener preferred) on FilmFreeway.
- By submitting your film, you agree that Damah International Film Festival (DIFF) can use parts or all of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster on our website in print, or electronic media, etc.) for promotional purposes.
- To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content.
- You agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to DIFF.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Screening materials are managed with great care to avoid any troubles.
- DIFF reserves the right to refuse to accept any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate.
- After the preliminary selection, the international jury’s decisions are final.
- The festival dates and location are subject to change.
- In order for your film to be considered for competition, it must not be available to the public online.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change. Any amendments will be posted on our website.